Saturday, May 26, 2012

An update

This entry will not have any images. However, I will have some new images to post this weekend. I was really sick this week. I am not sure what it was, but it left me feeling miserable. Also, I had to teach a workshop this week at the Ontario City Library for their Star Wars evening event. It was pretty exciting. I had a good turnout of kids to learn how to draw. I taught the children (and some adults) how to draw Darth Vader's helmet and R2-D2. I will post the tutorial on here as I mentioned. 

Today was Star Wars Day at the Biane Library at Victoria Gardens in Rancho Cucamonga. In  spite of a cool and windy day, it was a good turnout. I was supposed to do an art duel, but ended up cancelling out at the last minute because I was not feeling well. I just wish I knew what was happening with me? On a more positive note, I contributed 50-60 b/w copies of a picture of Yoda I had drawn. I guess they put them up at the children's reference desk. I also donated some copies of other drawings I had done as prizes for the kids who were in the costume contest.

 I had the opportunity to meet voice actress, Anna Graves. She was a sweet lady. She signed my copy of Star Wars Insider, and we had a brief conversation. To say the least, I liked her. I gave her a copy of my Yoda drawing too. She said she would take a picture with it and post it on Face book later. How cool is that?

So, as I am writing this, I have not forgotten you my friends. I will have pictures on here. I am sorry for having been absent. 

--Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments. I welcome feedback.