Wednesday, April 18, 2012

How to Draw a Girl's Face

 Hi. Welcome to another "How to Draw" session. This lesson is about learning to draw a cartoon face of a girl. 


Step 1  Start by lightly drawing a circle as shown in #1, then creating a basic center line. (I drew from right to left on this one, not sure why, it is what it is.)

Step 2  Draw the face portion as shown and the ear. If you were to trace your fingers across your face you would find that the ear is at a distance between the eyebrow and the base of the noses. To accent the ear you can use a lower case "h", an "S" or a "5". Use whatever you are comfortable using.

(click on a picture to see larger image.)


Step 3  Place guide marks as shown where the   eyes,eyebrows, nose and mouth will go.

Step 4  Begin to fill in the facial elements such as the eyebrows, lips and nose. Notice that you can sort of draw an upside down number "7" to make the nose.  How does your drawing look now? I hope you are doing well.

Step 5 Finish your drawing by adding hair the way you want it to look. In this cartoon, I sort of drew it quickly. It's not my best, but you get the idea, right? On the hair, I drew lines for shadow on the cartoon girl's hair. There is more that can be done, but this is the basic of basic of "how to draw" for this picture. 



I hope your drawing turns out well. I will draw an updated version of this picture and share with you in the near future.

Until next time, keep drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments. I welcome feedback.